Monday, August 3, 2009

Second Verse, Same as the First!

Well, it's been very interesting the last few weeks, because I've been working a lot on Laney's baby book, which means I've been reading over a lot of the posts I wrote when I was waiting to get pregnant, and when I was newly pregnant with Elena. And, as we're trying to get pregnant again, all of those same feelings are washing over me again.

Right now I'm in the middle of the day-to-day waiting for my period to start. It should start sometime this week; if it doesn't... well, then we'll be really excited! :) As with the last time, my mind is playing tricks on me- I've felt sick the last few days, for no good reason at all. I have been totally exhuasted. I didn't have any breakthrough bleeding last week, like I normally do. All these things make me want to think I'm pregnant... but there are a thousand reasons for all of them happening, only one of which is being pregnant. So, I'm trying (and failing) to think rationally and not get my hopes up. It's not working...

In fun news, we have decided that, if we are pregnant, we're going to get Laney a "Big Sister" t-shirt. Then, before we head to Springfield next week, we're going to tell my folks (somehow with her wearing it- either with dinner, or having her show up in church, or something like that), and then the weekend of the 22nd when we get ready for SDC Saturday morning, we'll just put that t-shirt on Laney and send her out to see Grandma & Grandpa. We think that'll be pretty fun!!

If we end up not getting pregnant until next month, we're going to do the same thing, only she'll wear it to her birthday party.

Anyway... not much news, my goal is to make it to Friday before I take a pregnancy test. But, as they're burning a hole in my bathroom cabinet, my guess is I'll make it to Wednesday, or MAYBE Thursday! :) Patience was never my strong suit... meanwhile, I'll just dread every time I go to the bathroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment