Monday, January 4, 2010

26 weeks

Well, I've made it to the third trimester, as of this week! :) Hard to believe, since sometimes I still don't feel pregnant, and I've actually still lost 10 pounds! But, oh well! I do still have a little bit of a belly, though! I'm still mostly in normal clothes, though, so that's nice. My pants all still fit pretty good, but my nice shirts are starting to get too short... weird! :) A belly pic, since there is one now...

I did have a doctor's appointment on Dec. 30th, but didn't learn much new. My blood sugars have been pretty good, especially considering it's been the holiday season and I'm the main cookie-baker!! It's been frustrating for me, though. There have been times when (I'm assuming) I have been going through hormone surges, and then the blood sugar is just totally unpredictable, especially in the morning. Since those mornings are usually right after a night of really weird dreams (something I didn't notice when pregnant with Laney, but which have been CRAZY with Audrey!) and usually come with an upset stomach, I'm guessing hormones are to blame! I've started working out on my Wii Fit every night before bed and every morning before breakfast. It seems to help some...

On the fun side, I've been feeling Audrey move for the past month or so, and I don't mean little flutters but MOVE. She's quite the thrasher. Josh has even been able to feel her for the last few weeks, especially at night. It's one of my favorite times of day, when I lay down she starts to really go to town, and it's a really fun time to just lay there and feel her move around. Still one of the coolest feelings ever! I'm excited to let Laney feel her at some point, she's just never been active while Laney's around. Probably because I'm not very still when Laney's around!!

I've definitely been feeling some nesting this time around- I feel like the whole house is too cluttered, but haven't had time over the holidays to do anything about it. We finally got all of the Christmas decor put away (and I was ready for it to go, which is VERY unusual for me), and I'm hoping over the next month or two I can start going through closets. I get the feeling we're going to need every inch of space we can find! The girls are definitely going to share a room, and I found a cute toddler bed at Walmart that is a cherry wood color, and a sleigh bed, so it'll match what's already in there really well. We'll have to buy that and a mattress, and a double stroller, and that should be about it. Well, at least for big stuff- we'll still need binkies, bottles, clothes, etc. And I'm planning on putting a second bar in the closet for a second set of clothes! And dividing the dresser drawers, too. It's gonna be interesting! :)

Anyway... enough nesting nonsense... that's really about it from here. It has been a relatively uneventful pregnancy, minus the diabetes. At my appointment last week we did schedule my c-section. We decided to go with a c-section because of the diabetes- a VBAC would have been great, but complications are more likely with the diabetes, so they are more likely to want to take her early again because of the diabetes, and they won't induce, so we'd probably end up c-section anyway. And this way at least I know that we'll both get to be there for this one! Anyway, so the official date is April 9th, we're to be there at 0600 (seriously?! Who wants to be anywhere by then?!). And I start my weekly ultrasounds/non-stress tests/ob visits January 20th, so there will be lots more posts with ultrasound pics then!!

Hard to believe that I'm really into my third trimester already... this baby is coming, whether we're ready or not!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Such fun updates...I love hearing about it all. Can't wait to meet her, so fun that you actually know her delivery date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you're at 26 weeks already! Can't wait to see her face to face!

    -Mom

    ReplyDelete