Thursday, January 28, 2010

Doctor’s Appointment

Nothing too interesting from yesterday’s weekly appointment.  Audrey tried to sleep through most of the ultrasound and non stress test, which led to a lot of poking and prodding by the ultrasound tech.  She did manage to wake up during the second test, before they had to tase her (they have this thing that vibrates and makes a noise, and they use it when they want the baby to wake up… no electrocution involved, I promise!).

She has flipped, so she’s head down now.  The flip (no pun intended) side of that is her butt is now firmly lodged underneath my ribs, which has made sitting at my desk (or anywhere else that doesn’t offer reclining) rather uncomfortable! 

Dr. B. said everything looked really good, she had a good laugh at my weight, though.  I didn’t gain anything this week (not even a tenth of a pound), so I am still around –8 pounds for the pregnancy so far.  She’s not worried about it, she just laughed and said “Hey, a diet and exercise… what do you know, it works!” which is basically what I think.  She also said I could stop testing my blood sugar 4 times a day, just test it in the morning and pick a meal randomly to test after.  I think I will continue to test all 4 times, though.  It doesn’t bother me that much, and I’m not sure I can be trusted if I know a meal isn’t going to “count.”  Call it the goodie-two-shoes in me, but it’s a lot easier to stick to my diet when I know that my “teacher” is going to be looking at my “grades” every week.  But I will give myself permission to relax occasionally, which will be nice. 

Not much else to report… they didn’t check her weight or length, so I don’t know any of that.  But she did all her moving, breathing (after we got her to wake up), and fluid looked good, so I’m good for another week! She’s been moving a lot, too… she moved so much the other night that she woke me up in the middle of the night.  Actually, that night, BOTH of my daughters woke me up… guess they’re getting me ready for being a mother of two! :)

Can’t wait to meet this little girl!!

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing about Audrey already, and can't WAIT to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete