
Well, we had our first look at Baby Loo #2 yesterday! It was really nice to go and really get proof that there's a reason I've been exhausted and sick for the last month! :) Dr. B. said everything looked good and healthy, we saw a good heartbeat, and we could even see the arms in the picture. #2 (sorry Ruth) is right about an inch long, and that's the head to the left with the arms right below it, and then the rest of the body. I was right on the due date, it's April 14th. Everything with the baby looks great.
Mommy, on the other hand is (in Josh's words) "a yak machine." And I've discovered the dangers of potty training a toddler while struggling with morning (or all day) sickness. Laney is wearing "big girl panties" most of the time now, and she's really good about going potty in her little toilet. HOWEVER, she's not so good at going poop in the toilet. So, yeah, the other day we were home alone and she pooped in her panties. So, then I'm trying to shake out the underwear in the toilet, and I started to gag. And, well, once I started, there was no stopping it. So I headed for the kitchen (after pinning the dirty underwear between the seat and lid of the toilet so they wouldn't fall in) to hopefully get away from it. Yeah, didn't help... continued gagging until I started throwing up in the kitchen sink. Laney, meanwhile, keeps yelling at me from the bathroom, where she is still standing, not cleaned up yet! But I can't stop puking, so I guess she tried to clean herself up with some toilet paper, because she walked into the kitchen holding a handful of it. I sent her back, finished my puking (I'd only eaten a granola bar, I'm not sure how I threw up for that long), and headed back into the bathroom. The panties were still hanging in the toilet, there was toilet paper all over the floor, and the shower curtain had fallen over her little potty, and she had sat on it, so there was poop all over the shower curtain, too. All I could manage was to clean Laney up (and put a pull up on, no more big girl panties for that evening!) and shut the bathroom door. Luckily, I have the GREATEST HUSBAND EVER, and he has been on poop duty ever since.
Josh really has been amazing, because I've not been doing a very good job of keeping the house clean, and he's been helping. Plus, he's a go and do kind of person, and usually we are always going and doing. But I just don't feel up to it, so we've been doing a lot more laying on the bed and watching a movie. And I think that gets old for him, too. But only a couple more weeks of this yuckiness, and then we'll be on to the fun part of being pregnant!
OH, I forgot the not-so-good news from the ultrasound... so, since I had gestational diabetes last time, I knew they would test me earlier than the typical 27-29 week test. And Dr. B. said the same thing at the appointment. So I asked how early they would test now, and she said "Oh, you'll get the stuff today, we need it sometime in the next week." Are you kidding me?! I can't even keep good food down, and I'm supposed to pound that nasty flat sprite?! Oh, yeah, THAT'S gonna go over REALLY well! So, on Tuesday morning I'm going to have to drink that in the morning, and then head to the lab at 7:30. Not looking forward to THAT! Plus, if it does turn out positive, how am I going to follow a diabetic diet when the main staples of my diet right now are crackers and mints? Great... I just keep having to remind myself that it'll be worth it in the end...

Liz -
ReplyDeleteHow very neat to already be able to see so much baby on the ultrasound!! Powerful lens! Hang in there -- but know all us moms are empathizing with you big time!! This is the very worst thing about being pregnant -- very few of us escape the nausea. Love, G'De
I had gestational diabetes for both of my pregnancies and it did totally stink. Especially the 2nd time because I was diagnosed for so much longer. Good luck on your "test." Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteLove the poop story...that Josh is a trooper isn't he? Well, it will get better for sure...neat to see the baby so up close!
ReplyDeleteliz...i am sorry,but that poop story was the funniest thing i have heard in a while. andrew came in to see what i was laughing about. i don`t mean to laugh at you...but i could just see the whole situation...it will pass girl...i think if laney had more candy, she would be able to poop in her potty instead of her big girl panties!!! ha ha...can`t wait to meet the newest looten......love you guys!!
ReplyDeleteBless your heart, Liz! I can completely sympathize with you, the pukies are the WORST. And if something gets you gagging...it's over. These babies sure make us work for it, don't they? Hope you are feeling better soon!
ReplyDelete