Thursday, September 17, 2009

Always, ALWAYS Bring Your Trashcan

An important lesson I had the pleasure of learning yesterday... oh, the joys of being pregnant!

So, yesterday I wasn't feeling so hot from pretty much the minute I woke up. But, as this is pretty normal right about now, I didn't worry too much about it. I tried eating some oatmeal, and that didn't help. So I tried a sausage mcmuffin, hoping that the protein would help. I was smart enough not to eat the whole thing and make myself too full. And it seemed to help for awhile. But, once at work, I started feeling yucky again... so I tried eating some animal crackers. Unfortunately, they were a little old, and had a funky aftertaste to them, which pushed me RIGHT over the edge... I threw up a little in my trash can, and thought I could make it to the bathroom. Not so much... I ended up puking all the way down the hallway about halfway to the bathroom, had to go finish in the bathroom, and then clean myself up. Of course, I managed to get it all over my shirt, in my hair, IN MY SHOE... but I got myself relatively cleaned up, and went to find a mop for the hallway. Thankfully, we have the nicest janitor ever, and she cleaned it up for me. So I went home and took a shower and changed clothes, and then headed back to work, even though all I wanted to do was curl up on the bed and take a good long nap. It was a rough day...

Anyway, thought I'd give everyone a pregnancy update! Most days are not like that, although I'm not having very many "good" days right now. Today is almost as bad as yesterday, I just haven't puked yet. I'm hoping I can skip that part today! Gum helps some, water helps some, I've been eating pretzels all morning... but nothing really makes it go away. I seem to remember it being the worst right about now the last time, too... the Valentine's Day vomit-while-driving incident, and the puking-in-the-parking-lot incident were with a week or two of where I am now... But I'm 10 weeks now, so just a few more weeks and this should be going away. With Elena it started going away around 13 weeks...

In case you can't tell, I've been looking back at Elena's baby blog, it helps to see that I lived through this last time. And I keep thinking of what my mom said- Mommies don't remember it very well, which is why some families have more than one kid!

Guess I just keep John 16:21 in mind: "A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world."

Someday (around April, I suppose) I will be happy, and will forget all of this yuckiness!

P.S. As an update from last time, yeah, the diabetes test didn't happen. I got about 3 drinks in and threw it all up in the sink. Awesome start to a day... I called and the nurse said "Well, why don't we try it next week?" and I said "Why don't I get the rest of my bloodwork done, and we'll play the diabetes test by ear." SO not happening this week, OBVIOUSLY...

3 comments:

  1. Remember when you and Josh were broken down at the side of the road and you had puked in the grass there and when I came to take you guys home I stepped in it? Oh, the joys of pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WILL pass! "Soon" you will be feeling BabyLoo2 moving around inside you! Is there any feeling that's cooler?

    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed outloud at Ellen's comment! I'll have to re-read your pregnancy blogs someday too when I'm pregnant, to remind myself that I'll survive :) Doesn't sound too exciting at this point for you- hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete