Thursday, May 20, 2010

Week 7

Well, week 7 was purposefully UNEVENTFUL!  We spent the weekend hanging out at home, not doing much of anything, which was exactly what we needed! 

So, not much exciting to tell, and not many pictures taken.  Just time spent enjoying family.  I did whip out the camera for a photo shoot when Audrey looked particularly cute one afternoon laying on the couch!  :)  Some of my favs…

Actually awake… she’s bright-eyed a lot more often now.

DSC_1150

But, tummy time is hard work, so she had to take a nap!

DSC_1159

Sweet baby feet!

DSC_1165

Like I said, a wonderfully relaxing week for all of us, including Miss A!  She is starting to “talk” or at least make noises that aren’t actually crying or grunting.  She still DEFINITELY is the loudest sleeper I’ve ever met.  She sleeps pretty good the first half of the night, but after I feed her in the middle of the night she spends the rest of the night just grunting and groaning.  The only way we get any sleep is to put her bassinet out in the hall after I feed her.  Feels kind of wrong to wheel her out in the hall and shut the door, but Mommy (and Daddy) gotta sleep!!  Plus, we can still hear her if she cries, but she doesn’t keep us awake with her Hulk impression!  She is actually a pretty good sleeper, she even slept all the way until 6:30 one morning!  Mostly she sleeps until 4 or 4:30.  And goes back to sleep until 8:30 or 9:00.  So, that’s pretty good for a newborn! :)

Other things I’ve noticed this week about Miss Audrey- she is starting to not curl her toes around my my finger if I put it on her foot, which is kind of sad, ‘cause that’s such a cute thing!  She’s had a lot of dry skin since she was born, and it has finally started to clear up.  And I’ve noticed that I think her eyes are starting to change color.  I don’t think she’ll keep her blue eyes!  She has started really taking a binky, which is nice. 

Being a mom of two is actually really fun… it takes longer to get us out of the house (between getting them and me dressed, and feeding Audrey at the last minute it’s like 45 minutes!), but both girls are really good when we’re out.  Laney really likes being a big sister (despite what last week’s picture of her feeding Audrey would suggest).  And we really love both of our girls! 

We have decided to take Audrey out to Cannery Row Preschool, where Laney goes.  We were going to take her to CLDC, where Laney started, because it’s right next door to my office and I can walk over and nurse.  But, well, I like Cannery Row better… I’m just more comfortable with the owner, and with the teachers.  Since Audrey’s going to be older, and since I’m home so much longer, I don’t think I’ll have trouble keeping my milk supply up, which was the main motivation for being able to feed Audrey at lunch.  I have been pumping since she was born, so I already have a couple of weeks’ supply built up.  In the end, I just felt like it was more important to be comfortable with the teachers than to get to see Audrey in the middle of the day.  Plus, it’s way more convenient to only drop off at one daycare!

So, that’s about it from here… Josh & I are celebrating our 6 year anniversary this weekend, so we’re taking the girls hiking before sending them with Grandma & Grandpa & Ruthie while we go on a date!  Should be fun!  And I’ll leave you with this picture of Audrey from the church garage sale: 

bumbo

Still a little small for a bumbo, but isn’t she great at holding up her head!!  She’s definitely getting bigger… although her legs look pretty scrawny sticking out like that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment