Thursday, May 27, 2010

8 Weeks!

Wow!  Our little girl is 8 weeks old!  We can hardly believe it.  I am so loving the time I’ve had home with her so far, she’s starting to really develop personality, and I get to be here to see it all! 

We did have a pretty fun week 8, mostly because we spent Saturday celebrating Josh & I’s anniversary.  You can read all about it on the other blog, but I thought I’d post a few pics from Miss Audrey’s perspective on the walk! :)

 

Her first time in the carrier… she’s still pretty little for it! :)  But she didn’t seem to mind being snuggled up to Daddy, despite the 80 degree day! 

 

IMG_4175

See, she can breathe! :) 

IMG_4176

We did take her out when we stopped for a snack at the cave.  She was pretty relieved to be out of the carrier!

IMG_4177

Hanging with Daddy!

IMG_4182

Pretty girl!

IMG_4180

Other than Saturday, it’s been a pretty normal week around our house.  Audrey is really starting to pack on some weight and look bigger.  Her arms and legs don’t look so skinny, and she’s even got some thigh rolls! :)  I can’t wait until next week when she goes back to the doctor and gets weighed again.  She gained 2 pounds the first 4 weeks, wonder what she’s done this time! 

I did have to clean out her closet for the first time, and take out some clothes that she had actually outgrown!  She’s also just right on the edge of really smiling.  She’s given us a few smiles and half smiles that sure seemed like they were on purpose.  And when she makes eye contact she just looks like she wants to smile.  I imagine she’ll all of a sudden start smiling all of the time… I can’t wait! 

Other than that, not much new with Miss Audrey.  She’s really a great baby.  We’ve had several days in a row that she’s slept until 6:00 in the morning, and that’s been awesome!  She usually goes to bed around 10:30, so 7 1/2 hours is awesome!  Means it’s about time to move her to the crib.  Which will be nice, because the bassinet makes the room so crowded, and the grunting does get old! :)  She doesn’t grunt much during the night, but as she’s starting to wake up she does. 

So that’s about it… this weekend we’re taking Audrey to Silver Dollar City for the first time, and to meet Grandma De & Grandpa Don, so it’ll be an exciting weekend with lots of pictures! :)  Plus, we’re headed to the doctor next Tuesday, so there’ll be an update then, too!  Exciting week for an 8 week old… 

For this week, I’ll leave you with a few adorable sleeping pictures.  Is there anything cuter than a sleeping baby? :)

DSC_1218 

DSC_1214

No comments:

Post a Comment