I absolutely cannot believe that Miss Audrey is 6 weeks old! It seems like time has just flown with her. I was thinking yesterday that, if it was Elena, I would have to go back to week this coming Monday. I’m not sure how I did it, because I can’t imagine leaving this little one! So glad I still have over 2 more months to be home with her!
We’ve had a really good week, it was actually a little calmer around here… at least calmer for us! The big development for Audrey was learning to drink from a bottle! I have been pumping from the beginning, so I have quite the stockpile of milk, I just didn’t really have a good reason to start teaching her to drink from a bottle. Well, Friday night, Josh & I wanted to go to a movie after the Improv show, but we didn’t have time to feed Audrey and still make it to the movie on time. So we kind of threw her and Laney out with Grandma Price, and said “Milk’s in the deep freeze!” (I think this might be part of the mellowing that comes with being parents the second time around). So Grandma actually got to give Audrey her first bottle! There aren’t any pictures, but Grandma said she took the bottle like a pro! And, after giving her one myself this week, I have to say Grandma was right… there was none of the choking, spitting, and “Oh my gosh I’m drowning” thrashing that I remember with Laney’s first bottles. I don’t know if it’s because Audrey is just that much more mellow than Laney, or we started her off with the bottles that we found were best with Laney- which took a few trials to find! Probably a combination of both! Either way, she’s really good at it. We probably won’t give her bottles very often, but at least now I can go to Sunday School and church on Sunday mornings!
And on to what you’re really here for… PICTURES! :)
Is there really anything sweeter than a sleeping baby?!
She’s not so good at tummy time… she always falls asleep!
Despite all of the sleeping pictures, she is really getting to be awake and bright-eyed more and more now. She really makes eye contact, and follows you around the room. It’s cool to see her actually connect with the people around her. CANNOT WAIT for the first time she looks at us and smiles on purpose!
Until then, I’ll have to keep trying to catch faces like this on the camera:
I know the expression isn’t on purpose, but it is so funny!!
Sleeping again… tummy time is so exhausting!
My favorite… the bird face, or the whistling face!
Daddy actually got some evenings home this week, and had fun bonding with all of his girls. Notice the dog sniffing the swing in the background! Isabelle seems to be accepting the new addition pretty well, just very curious! Babies smell funny, you know!
The second bottle… Mom mentioned that Laney wanted to help with the first one, but waited too long to ask and Audrey was already done. So I let her help with the second one. She wasn’t too interested this time, but she at least played long enough to snap a few pictures!
See, Audrey is a pro already! :)
I’ve started giving her baths in the sink in the bathroom. It just seems like such a waste of water to even just fill up the baby tub. Plus, this way I can give both girls a bath at once! I get the feeling that someday we will be shocked she even fit in the sink like this!
So that was the exciting week 6! We sure love our girls! Audrey is doing pretty well sleeping, one night this week she actually slept all the way until 6:30!! Not a normal occurrence, though, she typically wakes up around 4 or 4:30. Good nights she sleeps until 5:30, not so good nights she’s up at 3:30. So, a pretty good sleeper, all things considered, but I am definitely yearning for 8 hours of consecutive sleep! Laney started sleeping through the night around 8 or 10 weeks… here’s hoping Audrey does the same!

Very sweet pictures! Audrey is such a good baby. And, you can really tell that Elena enjoys her role as big sister in the helping with the bottle picture!
ReplyDelete