Thursday, March 18, 2010

Week 36 Checkup

Well, it has begun… the weeks of “waist down” appointments started yesterday with my 36 week appointment.  I figured they were coming, and I dreaded them as much as I did last time!  But, well, I guess they’re a necessary evil! 

Other than having to sit on the table with no pants on and a sheet covering my lap as best I could manage (I really think I’d rather just wear the gown, something about wearing my sweater but not having anything on the bottom is what makes it so weird), this week’s appointments went pretty well.

In the ultrasound, they checked Audrey’s size… they think she is about 6 lbs, 3 oz, which is the 63rd percentile, right where she has been the whole time as far as size goes.  If she gains about 1/2 a pound a week like they expect her to, then she’ll be a little bigger than Laney when she’s born.  Of course, it’s all a guess! 

Some cute pics… I can never manage to get important appointments (like checking weight) to coincide with getting good pics during the ultrasound.  So, these are actually pictures of Audrey at 35 weeks… but close enough! 

 

35 weeks 1

Ok… so this is a profile shot, with her head to the right (the bright white part is her forehead down to her nose).  Then, the two little balls on the left are her hands- she was sleeping with her hands curled up by her face.  Thought that was pretty cute!

 

35 weeks 2

This one she’s looking at you, her head to the right again, and her hands still up by her face.  Not a clear, but still pretty cute!

 

And, just for fun, a 36 week belly shot, because I feel like a massive whale… (yes, I’m wearing cat pjs… not much is comfortable anymore!)

belly 36 weeks  

As far as being pregnant… it’s still not too bad.  I’m definitely less comfortable this week than I have been.  I’m having contractions pretty often (although nothing real or regular).  Dr. B. said I was 1 cm dialated, which is about where I was at this point with Laney, too.  As far as weight, I gained about another 1/2 pound… I’m about 5 1/2 pounds in the negative still… so looking at probably going into the hospital weighing about what I weighed when I got pregnant… so that’s not so bad! :)  Sleeping is not working so well, it’s just not so easy to get comfortable.  Blood sugar is still pretty well controlled, as long as I control myself! :)  Which I’ve done pretty well, I just give myself an occasional meal “off.” 

I am definitely nesting, though… I have a whole list of stuff that I want/need to get done over spring break… we are putting in a second closet rod this weekend, so I can get out Laney’s newborn clothes and hang them.  I am thankful to have spring break that week before my c-section, so that I have that time built in to really get ready… now I just have to make it that long! :) 

So that’s about it… 3 more weeks…

2 comments:

  1. Very cute belly picture! You are finally looking really pregnant. Just 3 weeks of feeling like a whale...beats three weeks of sick all the time!

    -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your belly is so cute - I do NOT think you look like a massive whale even if you feel like that :) You look adorable! Cat pj's and all. Audrey is already so sweet, I can't wait to meet her!!

    ReplyDelete