…but not really on the whole labor front, which is A-Ok with me! :) Instead, we’re making progress in getting ready for Miss Audrey!
Our accomplishments over the past week:
Last Saturday we finally got a second rod hung in the girls’ closet! It doesn’t actually look like this anymore, because I had to put back the 6 tubs of Laney clothes! But soon it will be cleaned out and organized, with clothes on both rods!
The bassinet came in, and I got it all put together. Ok, so I didn’t get it all put together by myself, Josh definitely helped when I was ready to start beating it like they do in Look Who’s Talking. But it looks pretty sweet with Audrey’s pink blanket hanging out of it!
But the funniest story of all is definitely the stroller. I wouldn’t tell it, because I’m rather ashamed of how high maintenance I ended up, but it probably should be preserved for humor later! :)
So, I posted before that I decided to splurge on a new car seat cover so it would match a double stroller, since they didn’t make the strollers in the Pooh pattern. It came, and I loved the pattern I chose, which was called Brentwood. So, a couple of weeks later (a couple of weeks ago, now) I got asked about it. online and ordered the stroller to match from Amazon. Pretty quickly, they canceled my order because they were out of stock. Bummed, I looked around and found another site to order it from. They processed my order, and then said it was backordered and it would take a couple of weeks. I decided I could be patient… meanwhile, as I looked around online, more and more sites seemed to be running out of the stroller, which made me nervous. So I emailed Graco, and asked about it. Yeah, they emailed back and said it was being DISCONTINUED!
Worried, I looked eBay, assuming that anyone selling it on eBay, would already have it. So, I found one and bought it from a guy, and canceled my other order for it. I waited a day or two, then asked the eBay guy for a tracking number when it said the product had shipped. Yep, not so much- he said “Oh, I just tried to order that and Graco said it’ll be 3-4 weeks.” Not cool. So I called Graco, and asked someone in service whether it was actually discontinued or just backordered. After SEVERAL minutes on the phone, he tells me that it’s not discontinued. But, it’s scheduled to be discontinued, there aren’t any in the warehouse, and they aren’t making anymore. Which sounds like it’s already discontinued to me, but whatever!
The customer service guy was not too helpful, except that he finally admitted that, if a retailer didn’t have the stroller now, they weren’t getting it. And he said that the only store that physically carried the strollers (and therefore might still have some in stock) was Baby Depot, a part of Burlington Coat Factory. None of those near here…
So after this conversation, I called Josh to update him on the whole situation… and he suggested that it would be worth it to drive to St. Louis to a Baby Depot if it meant we would actually get the stroller. So, he called the store, and found they actually had one in stock! And the most wonderful husband in the world grabbed his Garmin and his new cds, and headed to St. Louis Tuesday after work! He had success, though, FINALLY, and brought home the stroller!
All in all, probably way more work than the stroller was worth… but I got it put together, and it is awful cute!
Laney was fascinated with me building it, and had to try it out once it was done:
It really is a nice stroller, though. It folds up as easily as our single stroller, and it’s the same width so it’ll fit through doors, etc. without much trouble. It has a cup holder on the front, and on the handle, and a nice little closed compartment, too. So, yeah, I love it… I just wish it’d been a little easier to get ahold of!
And, the best part of having stuff to build, at least as far as Laney is concerned, is the bubble wrap! :)
As far as doctor’s appointments this week, nothing much to report. I gained 1.5 pounds (!!!!!), but I guess that’s not so bad… still a couple of pounds under where I started. Audrey looked good, although she was more interested in napping than in doing her practice breathing! I haven’t really progressed any farther, she said I was still about 1 cm, and maybe a little thinner. So I’ll probably still be pregnant for awhile, which, since we’re headed to Branson this weekend, and my doctor is gone all next week, I’m ok with!
Hard to believe… two weeks from tomorrow and we’ll be meeting this little girl!!!

At the pace you are getting things done, you can just loll about all week spring break!
ReplyDelete