Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week 3

It’s hard to believe that Audrey is 3 weeks old already!  Time really flies… I am LOVING my time at home with her, both the days I have both girls, and the days it’s just me and Audrey.  It’s been very relaxing and a really neat time to just hang out with my girls! 

Not much exciting happened this week, which was kind of how we wanted it!  Since Audrey’s cord fell off last week, she did get to take her first bath this week!  She was hungry, so she mostly tried to nurse the head rest every time it touched her… but we had fun giving her a bath!  And, of course, it made for some cute pics…

 DSC_0883

DSC_0881

DSC_0887

On Saturday, Josh had a city-wide youth event, so we hung out with him in the morning, to help him get all ready to go.  Laney actually went to Tim’s house and was hanging out with Mallorye, but Audrey went with me to the BSU… and mostly just slept underneath the table the whole time.  One of the nice things about babies at this age! :) 

Even asleep and under the table… Audrey had a question!

question

Then, in the afternoon, Uncle Charlie came to visit because he was taking an all day test, and had a break.  He sure does love his girls…

It’s hard to get a good posed picture anymore…

DSC_0889

Even though you can’t see Laney’s face, I thought this one was cuter!

DSC_0890

Totally content with Uncle Charlie… or wondering how she ended up in a family of crazy people… sometimes I’m not sure with Audrey! :) 

DSC_0892

Of course, being home with her all day everyday, I had to take a few pictures of just hanging around! 

 

Tummy time is very exhausting!

tummy time 

She’s a very content baby… just hanging out!

DSC_0896  DSC_0903

It is amazing how fast she is changing.  She is still giving us pretty good sleep at night.  It is definitely harder to sleep through all of the grunts and just random noises with her in the room with us!  But it’s pretty convenient to be able to change and nurse her without ever getting out of bed!  So, I guess there are plusses and minuses.

She is awake and alert more, which is fun.  Still not really making eye contact, at least not very often.  But she is very content when she is awake, only really getting upset when she is hungry.  Which is OFTEN- she’s definitely an eater!  She eats every 2-3 hours when she’s awake.  Guess I should be extra grateful for the 4 or 5 hours she gives us at night!! :)

That’s really about it… we are definitely enjoying our time at home, and I’m so grateful to have more time home with her.  It’s passing so fast, I’m so thankful I don’t have to go back in 3 more weeks, like I did with Laney. 

I did run into an old friend today, and she told me something that she heard when she had her second kid.  A friend of her’s sent her a card that just said “Two is different.”  And that’s definitely true!  I love having two kids, but it is different!  I took both girls to Walmart this week, and it went really well, but it was a little nerve-wracking, because it could have easily been awful!!  It’s hard to know who to pay attention to when they both need it.  I’m glad Laney is so independent, because she can pretty easily occupy herself, go to the bathroom by herself, get dressed (mostly), etc.  But when she doesn’t feel like doing something, she can be a stubborn little girl, and it’s hard to do much about it when I’m in the middle of nursing or changing Audrey.  Guess we just have to find a balance!  We’re redefining our family… of course it will take some time!  But we’re enjoying it, and I love watching Laney with Audrey- she is actually very sweet with her.  If Audrey is crying she’ll tell me to go check on her, or will give her her blanket, or binky or something similar.  She’s going to make a good big sister, that’s for sure! 

We are so blessed…

1 comment: