Thursday, March 10, 2011

Weeks 48 & 49

So, I’ll be honest, the reason I didn’t post last week wasn’t because I didn’t have time… it was because I didn’t have any pictures! I don’t know what happened, but I somehow forgot to take pictures the last two weeks. Been a crazy couple of weeks, I guess!

The fun part of the last few weeks was Aunt Jess coming to visit from CO! As always, the girls were happy to hang with their Aunt Jess!

DSC_3674

While she was here, Jess managed to get a good pic of the fangs (there are definitely 6 now)!

audrey 1

And there’s finally enough hair for a bow… kinda… but it counts!!

bow

One big first from this past week: Audrey’s first major injury:

bump

She was trying to walk towards Laney in front of the TV, and stumbled, and hit her head on the metal drawer pulls on the entertainment center. This is the picture I took when I was panicking, so I texted it to my experts (Mom & Ellen) to see if I needed to be worried about it. But, really, Audrey took it like a champ, stopped crying pretty quick, and was pretty happy. So, no worries! Definitely a big bump, though!

Bath pictures… always cute!

DSC_3675

Well, just like her sister, now that Miss A is walking a little, she has to start wearing shoes… so we busted out the cute brown tennies that were Laney’s first shoes!

IMG_4989

Audrey’s favorite past time: Mauling Laney!

sisters

Audrey’s other newfound love this week has been the cow chairs. Or, really, chairs of any kind.

chair

blur

She loves that she can climb up in the chair on her own, and just turns around and looks so proud of herself. The cow chair is a little big for her, so she can get in, but she can’t get out without it flipping over on her. So, after the first 2 times she flipped the chair on herself, she started refusing to get out on her own. Which meant the chair incidents typically looked like this:

First, she climbs up in the chair, kicks her legs, talks, and just generally acts very pleased with herself...

(PS: The shrieking is the typical noise anytime she notices Truman. Notice as soon as he hears it he clears out- he knows what it means!)

Then she looks around, realizes she wants down, and screams until someone helps her get down.

Once she's down, she just climbs right back up again. So, for my own sanity, the cow chair had to go back into the closet. Maybe we'll get her a shorter chair for her birthday! :)

Anyway, so not many major firsts this week (besides first major bump on the noggin). She is still working on walking, getting steadier and taking more steps together with more control. And we had our first run in with a stomach virus, which was not so awesome. A puking 1 year old… not fun! But it did give us two days home together, and she actually did most of her puking at school! And Audrey is such a happy baby, that even being sick didn't make her too cranky. She still had lots of smiles for me!

Audrey has really started talking, too… and continues to eat like a grown up! I can’t believe that she is almost one… just a few more weeks! We’ve finally decided that her party will be Sunday, March 27th, because Daddy’ll be in town that weekend for a wedding on Saturday. So, she gets to have her cake a little before she turns 1! I am excited for her to be one, to get to stop dragging my pump around, and to get to move her to a bigger car seat, and for her walking to get better… all fun things! :) What a big girl she is getting to be!

1 comment:

  1. sweet post!! i love the videos - especially how she shrieks when she sees truman (and how he gets up immediately) :)

    ReplyDelete