Friday, February 4, 2011

Weeks 43 & 44

Well, I have to totally admit that I have been not a very good picture taker the last few weeks… I’ve been so busy being a single mom, with Josh gone to Kentucky. But, I did manage to get a few cute ones over the last two weeks! It’s funny, because we’ve been snowed in all week, and I thought early in the week “Awesome, I’ll have no trouble getting a post done!” And then the days just got away from me, and I lost track of what day it even was, until today when I realized I never did a post yesterday… so, here I sit, at 11:00, doing a post!

It’s definitely been an interesting few weeks for us… Josh went to Kentucky, so it’s just the girls around here. We video chat with him on Skype almost every night, which has helped a lot. Even Audrey grins and laughs when she sees him on the computer screen.

We’ve also had some serious snow… like 18 inches of it! Aunt Ruthie snowed herself in with us so I wasn’t by myself with the girls for several days straight. We had a really good time hanging out with both girls, though Audrey picked a rough time to get two new teeth! She was kind of a cranky monster, but she’s getting her middle two top teeth now, so at least she won’t look like a vampire baby for long!

And now some pictures…

She finally has enough hair for it to be static-y!

DSC_3477 Looking out at the snow (this was the first storm, not the blizzard)

DSC_3478

Big cheese! She really is the happiest baby!

DSC_3482

Starting out her modeling career… showing off a cute dress that Aunt Ellen made!

DSC_3483

DSC_3484

Biscuits and gravy during the blizzard!

DSC_3581

Best thing about being snowed in… lots of napping! :)

DSC_3586

Snuggle bug! Anytime is a good time for a pink blankie!

blankie

Stylin’ in Mommy’s shades!

shades

So, that ended up being more pictures then I expected… but that’s a good thing!

Miss A is working on 6 teeth now, and she’s working really hard at standing up on her own. She pulls up on everything, and is starting to let go for a couple of seconds and stand on her own. Walking can’t be too far behind, which will be a total game changer! :) She thinks Laney is the coolest thing ever, which causes some issues when Laney isn’t so interested in playing with her!

She’s pretty much eating table food now, at least at home. And, man, does she like to eat!! She sees food and starts making these humming noises, and if you don’t give her the food fast enough, the humming turns to insistent “talking,” which then turns to screaming! She really loves bananas, and can put away an entire banana without blinking an eye!

She’s also getting lots better at drinking from a sippy cup, which has been kind of fun (and kind of not, since a lot of the juice ends up running down her front!).

One of my favorite Audrey-isms is when she is tired. She fights sleep even though she’s exhausted, so she just buries her face in her blanket, and then snaps it back up really quick, and makes these humming noises the whole time. As soon as she starts doing that, we stick her in her swing, and she is OUT like a light!

So that’s about it… It’s hard for me to believe that we’re just 2 months from her 1st birthday! Craziness…

No comments:

Post a Comment