Well, I am terribly sorry to have been so absent from the baby blog! I am going to have to blame my incredibly busy life, made even busier by some big news… I’m planning on posting at our family blog, too, but, in case I don’t get to it tonight, we are moving to Elizabethtown, KY, and have been spending TONS of time getting our house ready to sell. Plus there was a trip to Springfield, and a trip to IL for Thanksgiving in the last three weeks, so we really have just been BUSY!
But, I’m back, and I've brought pictures with me! The first fun event was our annual pre-Thanksgiving trip to Springfield to visit family and kick off our Christmas shopping. We got to spend an evening with Grandma De & Grandpa Don on Friday, which was lots of fun! It had been awhile since we’d seen them, so, of course, Audrey had changed tons!
Audrey was tired, but refused to settle down and sleep. Grandpa Don tried his best to convince her napping was a good thing…
But she wasn’t buying it! Too happy and awake!
Love, love, LOVE this picture of Grandpa and his great-granddaughters!
Saturday Josh and I spent the morning/afternoon shopping and running around by ourselves (yay for Mommy/Daddy time!) but Grandma & Grandpa Looten met us at SDC with the girls in time for the big tree lighting, which Audrey had obviously never seen before. She LOVED it!
It was pretty cold, but she stayed nice and cozy, all wrapped in her pink blanket with a new hat on!
Hanging with Grandpa while Daddy & Laney rode a ride!
After our trip to Springfield, the next weekend was Thanksgiving, so we headed to Illinois to visit the Price family! Lots of that family hadn’t seen her since she was a total newborn (like, 2 days old), so it was fun to go and visit again!
Hanging with Aunt Jane and the messiest face EVER!
We also made a point to visit my great grandparents. My great-grandpa turned 100 on Dec. 7th, which is just amazing!! They still live in a little apartment, and we had a great time visiting with them!!
Audrey & Grandma Hook
The youngest “Price” and the oldest!!
Audrey also found a new favorite toy: the xylophone!! I get the feeling there will be one in her Christmas haul!!
This face says “onery!”
Hanging out with Uncle Clint!
So those are the major events of the last few weeks, but I found a few more just for fun pictures, too…
Audrey is already developing a love of books!
The whole moving thing has meant a lot of cleaning, including cleaning out the garage, which led to this adorable picture of Audrey in a gift bag!!
LIke father like daughter, rocking the Superman pose!
We put up our tree and Audrey is loving it… and everyone will just have to pardon us if it looks like their bows have been mangled… ‘cause they probably have! She can’t resist them!
And, I couldn’t resist doing a photo shoot with the girls in their Christmas dresses, even though we used the family pics from Jess for our cards this year. Doing a photo shoot with a 3 year old and an 8 month old by myself was a little ambitious… and didn’t work out too well! There are a lot of outtakes! But, I did get one or two cute ones, like this:
So there’s the picture update… as for the development update, Audrey is a straight up crawler now, and there’s no doubt about that! She is everywhere and into everything (notice the bow, ripped off an unsuspecting present in the previous picture)!! Just this past week, she has started really pulling up on things. Mostly us, or the presents, but it’s started being tables and, well, anything she can reach! Truman is pretty terrified now that she’s so mobile, because she thinks he is SOOOO COOOOOL! Actually, he’s taking it really well. He just gets up and moves when he’s tired of being manhandled. What a good kitty…
Audrey has also started eating more table food. She has been eating puffs for awhile, but in the last couple of weeks we’ve started giving her more food that we’re eating, and she’s starting to prefer table food to her own food… i.e. she’s not all that interested in eating baby food, she wants to eat the food she can pick up with her own fingers! It’s provided quite the challenge, since she really only has two teeth (both on the bottom) so she can’t really eat much besides bread, bananas, and other soft stuff. Not really a balanced diet! :)
So that’s the Audrey update for the last few weeks. The coming months are going to be pretty busy, but I’m hoping to be better at posting… if nothing else, I gotta have it done for the book! :)

Great update with really cute pictures! She's getting to be such a big girl.
ReplyDelete