Thursday, August 26, 2010

Weeks 20 & 21

I know, I know… I’m a slacker.  But the last few weeks have been very busy for us, and last Thursday was the first day in a long time we were all home together.  So I decided to not spend a good portion of the evening working on the computer. 

Anyway, on to the update… Audrey is still growing like crazy.  She is a rolling fiend now.  We can’t lay her down at all without her flipping over.  The funny thing is, she likes to roll from back to front, while most babies roll the other way first.  But Audrey likes to be on her tummy, looking around at everything. 

When she is on her back, though, she is typically doing this:

DSC_2239 She definitely has a serious fascination with her toes! :)

DSC_2243

She’s been getting better at eating cereal, although she isn’t taking to it like Laney did.  I seem to remember that Laney was ALL ABOUT eating when we started introducing her to cereal.  By the second or third time she was a total baby bird with her mouth open.  Audrey, well, Audrey could really take or leave the whole eating thing.  She’d way rather nurse, and gets rather angry if we try to feed her cereal instead of nursing her when she’s really hungry.  So, we’re going to have the daycare start giving her some cereal, too, and we’ll start introducing more foods in a couple of weeks, when she’s five months.  Which is actually next week… eek!  Not sure I’m ready for that!! 

Speaking of daycare, it’s going pretty well.  She’s the only little baby there most of the time, so she gets lots of attention!  She’s had a cold since about her second week there, but that’s kind of to be expected.  I’m sure it’ll pass and she’ll get all better!  Overall, very happy with Cannery Row

I think that’s about it as far as updates… Audrey is still a very mellow, VERY smiley baby.  And she’s really starting to talk, too, which is always fun.  She loves being tickled, even though laughing gives her the hiccups.  And she loves “flying” in the air above my head.  And she is a TOTAL blanket baby… loves to snuggle with her blankie… any of them! 

So, now with a couple of random pictures…

She fits in Laney’s first Easter dress!  It’s a little big on her, but it kind of confirms my thinking that she’s a little bigger than Laney- Laney didn’t wear it until she was 6 months old!

IMG_4835

Funny story about that picture of her, it’s from church, and I didn’t take it.  I have no idea who did.  But it’s cute! :)

Last Saturday we actually had an entire day to ourselves with NOTHING planned (it was wonderful) so we took the girls swimming at the ARC.  We’d been there for about an hour and a half when I looked down and poor Audrey’s lips were blue!  So, we decided to get her out.  I wrapped her all up in a towel and she stuck her thumb in her mouth and PASSED OUT!  The picture isn’t great, but I was trying to hold her and take it… it was so cute! IMG_4911 She didn’t even wake up when we put her in the car seat!  She took a good long nap after that!

IMG_4912

So there’s the update… not many pictures for a two week post, but we have just been so busy, I haven’t even had five minutes to take pictures of my beautiful family!  When I do have five minutes, I’d rather be playing with them than behind the camera.  Life with two kids is a little crazy!  But we sure do love watching our beautiful little girls grow! 

2 comments:

  1. Cute thumb sucking pic...she must have been really tired after the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimming wears a girl out!! Love the pictures Liz, miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete